2.0.25: Crash when importing and exporting

Spoke too soon.

It is importing playlists successfully to RekordBox from Traktor, but it IS still crashing both completing the export and import. As such it appears cue points etc are not exporting to RekordBox.

For now this is fine, as it was mainly beatgrids I needed, but hoping this can be fixed soon.

I’m separating your post into a new topic so that we can look into it.

When you say it crashes, do you mean it gives out an error or just dies completely?

Is it both on import AND on export?

Upon importing from Traktor the ‘parsing tracks’ completion parts gets to the end and then RB just crashes. Error message is:

Process: Rekord Buddy 2 [5492]
Path: /Applications/Rekord Buddy 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Rekord Buddy 2
Identifier: Rekord Buddy 2
Version: 2.0.25 (564)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Rekord Buddy 2 [5492]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-08-26 15:07:03.686 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G87)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 4099960C-EAD1-70B6-EBE2-D84E968DF7CB

Sleep/Wake UUID: 360273E6-62E3-4D8D-8327-BA7B26FB6F06

Time Awake Since Boot: 40000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 180 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 3 Dispatch queue: NxAPersistentContext Root Queue

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘NSWindow drag regions should only be invalidated on the Main Thread!’
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called

Then when exporting to RekordBox is again completes but crashes immediately.

Error message for that is:

Process: Rekord Buddy 2 [5514]
Path: /Applications/Rekord Buddy 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Rekord Buddy 2
Identifier: Rekord Buddy 2
Version: 2.0.25 (564)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Rekord Buddy 2 [5514]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-08-26 15:08:46.985 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G87)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 4099960C-EAD1-70B6-EBE2-D84E968DF7CB

Sleep/Wake UUID: 360273E6-62E3-4D8D-8327-BA7B26FB6F06

Time Awake Since Boot: 40000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 280 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 3 Dispatch queue: NxAPersistentContext Root Queue

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘NSWindow drag regions should only be invalidated on the Main Thread!’
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called

If it crashes when importing, how come you have something to export? did at least on import work at some point?

Ok so I’ve tried a few things…

The library in Rekord Buddy is 900 tracks, same as Traktor. But the last 17 tracks it has not pulled in the hot cues. I updated a random track once it had exported to RekordBox and the hot cues were there. So I am guessing that is from a previous sync.

Basically it’s crashing upon import and export and it is not fully updating the library in RekordBuddy from Traktor.

I think something is trying to open a dialog box it seems but fails. Do you have a full crash log below that error message you posted?

If so, could you zip it up and DM it to me so I can take a look?

Can you try 2.0.26? You should be able to update to it when you do “Check for updates” in the app.

It will probably still crash but it will send me a crash log when you restart the app after that.

Let me know when you’ve done that.

done that, will dm you crash logs now. thanks!

No need to DM. That build sends them to me when you restart the app.

I found the place where the crash is happening thanks to the log. I’ll be looking into it today.

thanks very much.

Try 2.0.27. This will probably still crash but it will now report the correct error and offer you to send the crash log. Do that, relaunch the app and let me look at that crash log when I get it.

One step at a time :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks. I will try this evening.

It is no longer syncing with Traktor or Rekordbox now (not just cue points). Guess I got lucky importing some new tracks last time.

I’ll need more info than ‘no longer syncing’ though :slight_smile:

What steps are you doing? What results are you (or not) seeing?

Apologies.

So I bought some new records and added them to a playlist in Traktor called ‘New’. This folder ALWAYS contains new tracks I am looking to get from Traktor to Rekordbox.

After adding the new tracks I used Rekord Buddy but noticed that wasn’t updating the playlist, it still contains the previous ‘new’ tracks, if that makes sense.

So the crash is now preventing lists to be pulled from Traktor, as well as to RekordBox.

Ok so the current situation is a crash when trying to import from Traktor it seems. Try to get the crash with the new build tonight. We’ll go from there.

you should have both crash logs :slight_smile:

Awesome. Let me take a look.

How do i provide a crash log?

Crash logs are sent to me when you restart the app after a crash. It’s automatic.

I’m about to post an update that will provide better crash info for me, just hold on for a little bit, grab the update when it’s available and make the app crash, the relaunch.