2.1 Beta 628 - Syncing External USB Library (Serato) to Rekordbox

My Rekord Buddy Version: 2.1 Beta 628

My OS Version: macOS 10.14 (multiple computers tested)

I’ve had this problem through the last few betas, and wasn’t sure if this workflow is unsupported or if I am just broken individually.

Source: Serato Library on an external USB drive (I can go computer to computer and no issues with Serato loading this collection)

Destination: Rekordbox XML and collection are on local home default paths

Problem: When I drag any playlist in RBuddy beta from Serato external drive listing to Rekordbox playlist section, the playlists and tracks look like they copy over but then are unusable. Upon clicking on any track under Rekordbox in the copied playlist and checking the “File” tab, it is missing the /Volume/ExternalDrive precursor for the full path of the file. If I check the same files under the Serato section, the path is fully qualified and correct. So it looks like the full volume path is not being respected upon copying playlists from Serato external drive to Rekordbox XML. Screenshots attached to show differences between source and destination collections.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a bug… Let me see if I can reproduce this here.

I reproduced it and put together a fix today. A new build will be posted tomorrow.

Thank you @DJBobak for the detailed bug report!

1 Like

This should be fixed in 2.1.0beta(629)

This is working great now! Thank you so much!

1 Like