2.1Beta(556) Update to 2.1Beta(628)

Hiya,

I’ve been away from Rekord Buddy for a while and was working relatively smoothly with Beta 556 but when I opened the app tonight it told me there were lots of updates!! You guys have been busy! :smile:

So I ran the update and relaunch and now I get an Authorize box which doesn’t accept my licence, then when the app runs it is completely blank and I have no way to start an Import from Serato or an Export to RekordBox… If I click in the left hand pane the application crashes… the User Preferences don’t give me any options to Import or Export either.

I tried a DB Reset (by holding down Option) at the start of the App but it doesn’t do anything.

If I roll back to 556 everything is back to how it was… HELP!!! LOL :laughing:

If you are getting an error witht he license, double check it’s the correct key. Make sure there’s no spaces at the start or end. If’ you’re getting an error about too many installations, then you can reset your license by logging into the site and going to your purchase history.

Regarding the betas, 557 is the latest stable for now, so just upgrade to that.

https://forums.next.audio/t/where-is-the-latest-beta-build/27/3

thanks for the reply… validated its the right key, no spaces, shows as authorised when I look on the website but then the application just crashes on startup with no error message. :frowning:

Which version of the app?

With a version number I can check on my end to see if I get a crash log or not.

Apologies… it’s trying to update to 628.

hey guys, just wondered if you’d seen any log files from me?

Stick with 557 unless you want to be testing the unstable beta.

Agreed with dan, check out his link and re-install the latest stable beta for now.

That build will update to the new version when it’s available (and stable).

Hello, i’m currently trying the latest betat: 628. And now it work better, the drag/drop feature seems ok, but i have to save/close after each moves (That’s not really a problem).

I have some request, i really like the way that you can use rekordbuddy as a master library tool for all your dj software, but i’m wondering if you can’t add more sync options in the right click like “add this playlist to your software playlist”… Maybe more in the way it worked in rekordbuddy’s oldest versions.

The ‘exit to save’ is done on purpose. I’m hoping this will allow people to experiment without being scared of affecting their data (until they exit that is).

Can you explain a little bit more how ‘add this playlist to your software playlist’ would work?

Sorry for my bad English, but in my case:
I work on rekordbox for setting beat grid and hot cue, but need to sync to Serato each weeks. So that workflow is looking gorgeous: Use rekordbuddy as my master music library, but I would like to know how to sync all playlist at one time without drag and drop each…

So i was thinking for a feature to simply right click, then sync to: “traktor or Serato, or rekordbox”…

This will be added in an upcoming 2.1beta build. The way it will work will basically be dragging one collection onto another which will just copy everything over the receiving collection.

There’s an entry for it in the 2.1beta release notes under ‘things I’m focusing on’.

Hi guys… I work in IT, so I’m more than happy looking at, discovering and reporting issues/faults :smile:

However I’ve just attempted another update to the new 629 but after putting in my licence key the app just crashes.

I’d like to help with testing, I’d also like to use the new drag and drop functionality… can you guys help me… so i can help you? :smile:

Thanks
Jon

Let me look at the crash logs I got for 629 and see if I can see your problem.

thanks Damien :wink:

any luck with my log files Damien?

Not yet. Just got in to the office right now.

I think there’s something not handled correctly in your database file. Could you zip up your Rekord Buddy folder and send a link to me via DM?

And also, can you make sure you download the latest beta. It will be up to 2.1beta(630) today.