Cues Not Importing From Serato To Rekordbox

Hi,

I am having trouble with my cues importing from Serato to Rekordbox. Many of them don’t transfer over but some do. Some tracks end up in Rekordbox with just like one or two cues imported. When I look at the track info inside of Rekord Buddy it shows that there is cue information on the tracks.

How can I fix this? Importing over cues from Serato to Rekordbox is the most of the reason I use Rekordbuddy.

Thank you

Let’s try with just one track. Pick one that currently doesn’t seem to work for you.

Take a look at it in the Serato section of Rekord Buddy (double click on the track to view the markers), then drag it over to the rekordbox section of Rekord Buddy and take a look at the same track in the rekordbox section after the copy. Can you see the same markers there or not?

Its most likely a wrong combination of serato, rekordbuddy and rekordbox. I’ve requested information about this months ago. It should be a box that tells us what verisions of the different DJ softwares that are supported by the current Rekord Buddy Build. Using 2.x is not good enough. I have spent TO many hours trying to figure this out… :frowning: And now when I downloaded the latest versions of RekordBuddy since I reinstalled my system, I had to use a newer RekordBuddy version, and that messed up everything again. :frowning: Looking forward to place on the website where I can find info about supported versions.

@ktone There is no know issue with version incompatibly that would cause this.

The only version ‘problem’ of recent times is rekordbox which has a bug in its importer since 5.6.2 and of course rekordbox 6 which doesn’t export anymore.

Outside of this, the reason why I don’t display specific versions is because there aren’t specific issues at this time. If you have something that you think is related to a version problem, open a new topic and let’s investigate together. It’s working fine for the vast majority of people around the world so I’m sure we can find your problem if there is one.

Don’t spend hours trying to sort something by yourself. Reach out and let’s look at it together.

Hi, so I think I am beginning to understand what’s happening here.

I think the issue is that when I import my serato library to rekorbox via rekordbuddy there are times when I import tracks that I have not yet set cue points for. I have a folder called ‘go over’ in Serato. This is the folder that I dump all my new tracks in before I get a chance to tag them and then put them in the applicable crates.

I was importing this crate called ‘go over’ into Rekordbox through Rekordbuddy.

So then I will go through this crate and tag tracks but because they have already been imported in to Rekordbox previously with no cue points, they aren’t there.

Does this make sense?

Is there a way to get Rekordbox to rescan for these cue points? Or do this in Rekordbuddy?

This would account for why I often have huge numbers of tracks not making the jump with their assigned cue points.

Damien, I really appreciate what you are doing for the DJ community with this software and how much you are available on these forums. Thank you!

i too am having this same issue

i just recently found out about rekordbuddy and i have been in the middle of the switch from serato to rekordbox so the majority of the files im tryng to get my cue points from serato i have already loaded into recordbox so when i tried to use this program it did not work for me either. i too am also interested in knowing if there is a way to get rekordbox to rescan for cue points

I think you guys are hitting a long standing bug in rekordbox which has been there since 5.6.1 :exploding_head:

It’s described in the last warning in this paragraph in the manual. Can you try this:

• In rekordbox, pick one track where the cue points don’t update.
  • Find it in the ‘All Tracks’ section of the XML bridge.
  • Right click and choose ‘Import to collection’.
  • Make sure you are asked to overwrite metadata. Say yes.
  • Now check the cue points.

Let me know if that makes a difference for this track.