Double crates/folder from Serato

Hi there,

in the latest Version Rekord buddy doubles the crate, if there is a folder.

For example:

In Serato there is only the Folder: Warmup

In Rekord buddy: There is the Folder Warmup1 AND an additional Crate Warmup

I know I a previous Version of Rekord Buddy it was working without the additional crate to a folder.

How can I get rid of it? Can I install an older Version?

Best regards

It’s kind of a feature, not a bug :slight_smile:

Serato lets you add both tracks and crates to a crate. That means a Serato crate can be both a playlist and a folder. No other software does this or supports this AFAIK.

Previous versions ignored the tracks contained in a Serato ‘folder’ and some people complained about this because they wanted to have access to those too. In order to solve this, I now expose both the crate as a playlist and as a folder so that users can choose what they want to do with it. If you don’t care about the tracks in the crate, ignore the playlist.

If there is enough request for this, I could add a preference options to hide the playlist in Rekord Buddy and only show the folder. People can post here if they want this.

Hi Damien, thanks for reply!

Where can I Download a previous Version? For me withy many Playlists its uncomfortable…

Cheers, Roman

And the Preference Option would be awesome!

I’ve just posted an update to the 2.2beta that contains the new option. Give it a try and let me know if it helps.

HI Damien, tried it with about 30 Folders and it worked perfectly!

Would be awesome if you release it

1 Like

Glad to hear it. It will be released as part of 2.2.