Engine Prime support

Whats the update with Engine Prime support? Are you still planning to do this or postponed indefinitely?

I’m working on putting the roadmap back up online in some form or another but the plan right now is for extra platforms like Engine Prime to be supported in 2.2.

2.1 is a major undertaking but the good news is that after that, releases should happen on a much more regular basis.

Just a friendly reminder regarding Engine Prime support.

:sunglasses:

In the interest of not delaying 2.1 longer than it already has, I think this will miss the cutoff but will be the first thing included in 2.2beta when that’s available.

Thank you for being patient with me.

I feel you. As someone who also made the switch to Denon, I also need Engine Prime integration. :frowning:

For now you can export to traktor library and then import your traktor library to Engine. The only think am not sure about is if this will also transfer your cue points to engine.

As long as Engine imports correctly from Traktor then it should.

Currently cue points set prior to the analyzed start marker in engine prime do not show up when importing from traktor. However, serato import works without issue (it’s just heavily time consuming).

Do you mean they show up in Traktor but Engine doesn’t import them?

Correct.

If you have a hotcue set on beat 1 in traktor, but Engine Prime analyzes the track incorrectly setting the beat marker after beat 1, then the hot cue is not included. It is a bug which has been brought up on the denondjforum. Denon stated it is working to fix this along with their analysis issues in a future update.

Ok so that’s an Engine Prime issue. :relieved:

Looks like more Engine Prime hardware is on its way NAMM 2019

How is that planned support coming?

Will be a 2.2 feature. Once 2.1 is out then adding more programs will be super easy.

When is 2.1 out so lol, so we can start waiting for 2.2 with Engine Prime support.

Are you sure you dont wanna reconsider the roadmap to bundle Engine Support with the next release. :wink:

I am sure they will have both updates out as soon as they can. Since switch to Engine for my database management, Rekordbuddy, Rekordbox, Traktor, and Serato have become glorified paper-weights for me.

I am willing to wait and be patient and look forward to the future.

The good news is that part of the architecture changes that I’m making in 2.1 is to allow for new programs to be added easily. I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised.

Another one here eagerly awaiting Engine Prime Support. In my case I use Traktor as my master library where I build my playlists, and roll out to Engine Prime to then create Prime USBs. I would like the ability to sync any changes (added loops/cue points etc) back to the master library (Traktor), and also to be able to easily create Rekordbox versions of my USB sticks (or dual use versions).

For example, if export my Traktor library and create a Drum & Bass crate and then a Drum & Bass USB stick, I would like to be able to plug the same stick into Rekordbox or Prime devices. I have no real interest in actually using Rekordbox software (or prime to be honest), but I play either on Traktor DVS, Denon SC5000 prime at home then pioneer products at friend’s or when playing out.

Do you think the new version of Rekord Buddy would finally allow me to use all three platforms without having to faff about with multiple library software packages?!

It will be a step closer for sure. I’m also offering the platform manufacturers a way to make this whole thing a lot easier so the ones that will implement my solution in their app will make things a lot easier for their users. Stay tuned.

Excellent news, thanks very much for your efforts Damien - I’m sure if you crack this one then you will be rewarded handsomely with a raft of software downloads. This is a perennial problem, and one that I’m sure the manufacturers won’t be in a hurry to do anything about as it maintains a barrier to exit from their product family. All power to you, and hope to see a windows version ready to download soon! :grin:

I think they are all starting to understand that ‘barrier to exit’ is stupid. Web browsers went thru that in the 90s.

If your users are staying with you because you are keeping them stuck, then you’re in trouble no matter what.

What they are also realizing is that lowering barrier to entry is a wonderful thing. People can try your gear, own multiple pieces of gear, etc… it makes the entire pie bigger and everyone benefits from that.