Apologies in advance for the new thread on an existing topic, it seems like the other people having trouble with this have some unique situations (transferring video files, some hot cues vs. all hot cues, cues showing up in one library and not both in Rekordbuddy, etc.) and I haven’t found a solution that worked for me in those threads, so I created a new one.
macOS Catalina 10.15.2
Issue: I have a very large music collection (about 10k songs) on Serato, almost all of which are MP3’s, and a majority of which contain hot cues. As such, I downloaded Rekord Buddy 2 for the sole purpose of transferring the tracks WITH their cues. On Rekord Buddy, when I transfer the tracks from Serato to Rekorbox, it shows that the cues have been converted to memory cues in the “marker info” of the track details.
Serato library (origin):
Rekordbox Library (destination):
After quitting (and saving!), I open Rekordbox, make sure to load the correct xml, and import the tracks that have newly appeared after being transferred, however none of them have cue points. If I try to load a track before importing, it also does not show the cue points. If I do it one song at a time, it’s hit or miss, sometimes the cue points will show up, sometimes they don’t, and I can’t predict the behavior. Sometimes, the same song will even show cue points after a few repeated attempts. If I do something like 100 or so songs, a small handful might have the cue points appear, but it’s also hit or miss. Besides that though, I shouldn’t have to do it one by one or in small batches. The whole point of purchasing this service for me was to not do it one-by-one, especially because of the size of my library, but since the moment of purchasing the product, I’ve only been wasting time trying to get the damn thing to work.
Some quick notes to anticipate solutions that haven’t worked for me:
- In Rekordbox’s preferences “rekordbox xml” under “view” -> “layout” -> “tree view” is checked
- In Rekordbox’s preferences under “advanced” -> “database” -> “rekordbox xml”, “BPM change points” is checked and the imported library is the same one I exported originally from Rekordbox and use in Rekord Buddy.
- The transferred tracks do show up in Rekordbox with their beatgrids, but do not have any saved cues there both before and after importing.
- In Rekord Buddy’s preferences, under “Rekordbox”, “Duplicate hotcues as memory cues when writing to rekordbox” is checked and under “Serato” “Convert memory cues to hotcues when writing to Serato” is checked.
- I’ve confirmed that the tracks I’m transferring have cue points on Serato, and that the cue points show up in Rekordbuddy under “marker info”.
- When I transfer the tracks on Rekord Buddy from Serato to Rekordbox, the track in Rekordbox has twice as many cues (as shown in the above picture), so I assume the Serato hot cues are being successfully converted into Rekordbox memory cues.
Praying there’s an easy solution that I overlooked, but it’s not clear in the user manual or online resources. Please advise.