I can't open app on Windows

Hi Damien,

yesterday I bought the app but I can’t opent it on my windows. Installation was successful but now following error message appears:

Error

Could you help me? :slight_smile:

Interesting issue. I’ve never seen this one before. Basically this is trying to generate a random users ID so that I can get anonymous stats on users and who they use the app.

Can you give me the exact version number of the app you are using and can I send you a debug build so that we can figure out why this is happening just on your setup?

Hi, I’m not sure what the version was but it’s the version downloaded on the same day as I submitted the post. Shall I download the latest version and tray installing again?

It’s most likely the latest beta. Let me put together the debug build and then I can get more info from you guys.

Hi Damien,

Thank you for your response!

I downloaded the last version from this thread, from the first message:

What are your clues? I’m at your disposal!

Best regards,
Piotr

I will post the build today for you guys to try and get me some more info. Stay tuned.

Ok the debug build is located here. If you are having this issue, download that build and install it.

Open a Command Prompt window and type "c:\Program Files\Rekord Buddy\Rekord Buddy.exe" > rkblog.txt 2>&1. Reproduce the problem, exit the app and type notepad.exe rkblog.txt then DM me the resulting text found in the rkblog.txt file.

Hi Damien,

I don’t know if I did that in the correct way nut I got the following text in the notepad:

Found volume ‘C:’ at ‘C:’.
Found volume ‘D:’ at ‘D:’.

Best regards,
Piotr

Thanks @mpiotrekm. I just posted another build, same link, can you try this one an report back? Same process.

Hi @damien,

I got this one:

6 ‘12175:null’

Thanks,
Piotr

Something is preventing you from getting a secure connection to the Random User Id server. Next step from me is putting some more info to find why it doesn’t work for you and works for everyone else.

Anything specific about your setup? Are you behind a firewall? In a country that could block this? Anything you can think of?

I just posted a new build again. Try that one and report back.

Hi Damien,

Nothing special, I tried to uinstall and open the app without any security (antivirus and windows firewall were turned off) but it’s the same error message.

I downloaded the last build and you can find the following result in the txt file:

Error: StatusCallback: 0x10000 0x80000000
Error: SslStatusCallback: CERT_REV_FAILED INVALID_CERT CERT_REVOKED INVALID_CA CERT_CN_INVALID CERT_DATE_INVALID SECURITY_CHANNEL_ERROR
6 ‘12175:null’

Thanks and best regards,
Piotr

Quick question, what version of Windows are you using?

Windows 7 Ultimate