I hope you are all doing well and staying safe with your loved ones.
I’ve been working with some contractors over the last couple of weeks to plan for a server migration for the main next.audio server. This will enable us to scale better in the future, add some features to the server and improve the way a lot of things are implemented and organised behind the scenes.
The migration is planned to start at 11AM PST on Wednesday April 8th and should take around 3-4 hours depending on how long the changes take to propagate to your internet provider.
This is equivalent to:
- 11AM (11:00) Los Angeles
- 2PM (14:00) New York
- 7PM (19:00) London
- 8PM (20:00) Paris
- 9PM (21:00) Moscow
- 3AM (03:00) Tokyo (Thursday Morning)
- 4AM (04:00) Sydney (Thursday Morning)
What will keep on working during the migration:
What will NOT work at all during the migration:
- The main next.audio website
- App authorisations when you launch the app. Your current authorisation will continue to work for up to 14 days though.
- App updates via the ‘Check for Updates’ link in the app menu. These may take a little longer to come back up. I will post updates on this in this thread.
What you can do to avoid service disruption:
- Make sure you launch the app at least once before Wednesday to get a fresh authorisation downloaded. That way, you will be able to keep on using the app for the total 14 days.
I will update this thread as the migration planning continues and during the migration. Feel free to ask any questions you have in the meantime.