RB to Traktor: Playlist Folders Sync, Tracks Don't

My Rekord Buddy Version: 2.0.22(217)

My OS Version: 10.14.4

Traktor Version: 3 (I realise RB says it is only verified for Traktor 2; however, others on the forum have said T3 has had no issues).

Steps required to reproduce the problem:

1. Create a playlist in RB
  2. Place tracks in the playlist
  3. Close RB
  4. Open Traktor (Check for playlist/tracks)

What I expected to happen: Playlists and tracks would be visible and available for use in Traktor.

What actually happens instead: Playlist folders transfer perfectly; however, the tracks do not. It appears that only tracks in playlists from my very first sync from RB to Traktor were transferred correctly. All subsequent sync result in playlist folders being added/deleted etc, but no tracks.

I only purchased RB 2 weeks ago so I’ve never had it working correctly or with other versions of Traktor. In the RB preferences ‘lock database’ is unchecked.

I’ve tried RB 2.1 beta; however, when asked to import existing collection, nothing happened and I’ve tried to drag 'n drop the collection to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but you don’t mention it in your steps… Are you syncing the changes before closing Rekord Buddy 2?

Yes, I am manually syncing after step 2 (apologies for that omission) and receiving the message that changes have been updated in Traktor.

I have been digging a little deeper and after step 3 I am now viewing the Traktor nml file in a text editor to check the output. I have found the following:

1. Creating a Playlist folder always gets updated from RB2 to the nml file.
  2. Creating a Playlist and adding tracks (immediately before first sync) gets updated RB2 to the nml file.
  3. Add tracks to an existing Playlist (after first sync) does not update from RB2 to the nml file, even though after syncing RB2 advises changes have been made.
  4. Playlists, tracks etc when viewed in Traktor 100% match the nml file.

The error for me appears to be writing/updating tracks in already synced playlists from RB2 to the nml file.

Could you try updating to the 2.1 beta (the older one, not the recent one) and see if it still happens?

Using the 2.1 beta in the link you supplied the export process appears to be updating the nml file correctly.

Many thanks…

No worries! 2.1 fixes a lot of issues!

closed #7