Rekord Buddy 2.1beta (613) is available. 🎉

The day has finally arrived! The new beta is available for download here.

Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:

• This is macOS only at the moment.
  • It’s a very very early beta, things may not work at all. That’s the point of the beta, finding issues and problems.
  • If you find a problem, post about it in this section of the forums (public beta) and explain how you triggered the problem. One post per issue please. If you have a similar issue as someone else, post in their thread and say ‘me too’!
  • I may not be able to fix your issue first. Don’t be mad.

Known issues:

• This only works with tracks located on your home drive right now. This will be fixed in the next beta.
  • rekordbox collection doesn’t reload without restarting the app after drag and dropping a new XML file.
  • Preferences are NOT connected to anything right now.
  • Serato crates that contain both tracks and sub crates are not parsed correctly right now.
  • The auto-updater for the app doesn’t work.

What you should focus on testing for this release:

• Drag and dropping tracks/playlist or folders between collections.
  • Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
  • When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?

I made a little video to show you guys what it looks like. If you’ve not ready to try out the beta yourself. this will give you a taste of what’s to come in the final release:

The new 2.1beta countdown thread (including Windows!)

Hi, I’ve watched the video.
Just to check, I want to import from Serato then export to Rekordbox.
Do I need to make an XML & add it into Rekord Buddy (like in the video), drag from Serato then too that XML. Then go into Rekordbox and import from that XML?

Thanks

Correct. You need to add the XML to Rekord Buddy so that it has somewhere to drag new tracks to. Once you see the rekordbox collection, you can drag to it and then use the usual XML import in rekordbox to import the changes.

Thanks damien for this massive step forward. I almost using rekordbuddy every day.
Just to make it clear for me, it is now possible to directly drag and drop tracks/playlists from, for instance, the traktor library to the rekordbox library, right? And when I’m doing that, the rekordbuddy library at the top of the left navigation bar will be automatically updated and synced?

If you drag and drop between Traktor and rekordbox, nothing gets updated in the Rekord Buddy collection. Only the collection you drop the tracks/playlists on will get affected.