Rekord Buddy 2.1beta (617) is available for download. This took me a little longer than I anticipated because I had to figure out some code that was not written by me originally. This will be useful in the long run though as I now have a pretty good handle on what was previously some dark corners of the code. Will make future fixes faster.
Like the one before, the new beta is available for download here. You can just overwrite the previous build with this one.
Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:
- This is macOS only at the moment.
- It’s a very very early beta, things may not work at all. That’s the point of the beta, finding issues and problems.
- Don’t report problems that are in the known issues below.
- If you find a problem, post about it in this section of the forums (public beta), put the version number in the topic name and explain how you triggered the problem. One topic per issue please. If you have a similar issue as someone else, post in their thread and say ‘me too’!
- If you have an opened issue, please try this build and update your issue to let me know if it is still happening or not.
- I may not be able to fix your issue right away. Don’t be mad.
Fixed since the last release:
- Serato crates that contain both tracks and sub crates are now parsed correctly as a separate playlist and folder of the same name.
- rekordbox collection now loads without restarting the app after drag and dropping a new XML file.
- Some malformed tags won’t cause the app to crash.
- Disc Number is now imported and exported for the programs that support it (it’s not editable or displayed in the app yet).
- Removed the dummy ‘Clone’ menu option for now.
- Removed the dummy ‘Add Smart Playlist’ option for now.
- Hovering on a collection shows the volume name.
- Fixed renaming playlist crash.
- Folder can be renamed too now.
- Public beta builds now last 14 days.
- Crash logs will now symbolicate properly and the Apple dialog should stay away when a crash happens.
- This only works with tracks located on your home drive right now.
- Preferences are NOT connected to anything right now.
- The auto-updater for the app doesn’t work.
- Dragging a new rekordbox collection doesn’t cause it to update in the app, although it does update it on disc.
- Grouping, Record Label and mix name may not import correctly.
What you should focus on testing for this release:
- Drag and dropping tracks/playlist or folders between collections.
- Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
- When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?
What I’m focusing on next:
- Importing/Exporting all the fields correctly.
- Connecting the Preferences.
- Support for tracks on external drives.
- Plug the auto-updater back in.