Rekord Buddy 2.1beta (618) is available for download. This is an interim release that resets the expiration date on 617 and brings a bunch of fixes I was working on. Issues brought up in 617 will be dealt with now. Please make sure your problem still happens in 618 and let me know in the appropriate thread (the one where you initially reported the issue). I’m blocking off some time to look only at forum-reported issues and aim at release at least a new build a week moving forward.
Like the one before, the new beta is available for download here. You can just overwrite the previous build with this one.
Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:
- This is macOS only at the moment.
- It’s a very very early beta, things may not work at all. That’s the point of the beta, finding issues and problems.
- Don’t report problems that are in the known issues below.
- If you find a problem, post about it in this section of the forums (public beta), put the version number in the topic name and explain how you triggered the problem. One topic per issue please. If you have a similar issue as someone else, post in their thread and say ‘me too’!
- If you have an opened issue, please try this build and update your issue to let me know if it is still happening or not.
- I may not be able to fix your issue right away. Don’t be mad.
Fixed since the last release:
- The auto-updater for the should work now. Next beta release will appear when you launch an older beta (if it hasn’t expired).
- Dragging a new rekordbox collection cause it to update in the app.
- Fixed missing support of Date Released in Serato
- Fixed Date Released not displaying properly when the date was only a year.
- If track number is zero we don’t display it in the track list.
- We now display rating as stars in the columns.
- Fixed missing values for the Play Count, Track Count, File Type, File Size, Bit Rate, Bit Depth, Sample Rate and Location columns.
- Fixed some crashed not getting logged correctly in the crash log.
- Cleaned up the beta warning dialog.
- Fixed some drag and dropping issues in the sidebar.
- Fixed Traktor file paths being incorrect when creating new tracks in some cases.
- This only works with tracks located on your home drive right now.
- Preferences are NOT connected to anything right now.
- Grouping, Record Label and mix name may not import correctly.
What you should focus on testing for this release:
- Drag and dropping tracks/playlist or folders between collections.
- Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
- When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?
What I’m focusing on next:
- Importing/Exporting all the fields correctly.
- Connecting the Preferences.
- Support for tracks on external drives.