Rekord Buddy 2.1beta (624) is available for download.
Like the one before, the new beta is available for download here. You can just overwrite the previous build with this one.
Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:
- This is macOS only at the moment.
- It’s a very very early beta, things may not work at all. That’s the point of the beta, finding issues and problems.
- Don’t report problems that are in the known issues below.
- If you find a problem, post about it in this section of the forums (public beta), put the version number in the topic name and explain how you triggered the problem. One topic per issue please. If you have a similar issue as someone else, post in their thread and say ‘me too’!
- If you have an opened issue, please try this build and update your issue to let me know if it is still happening or not.
- I may not be able to fix your issue right away. Don’t be mad.
- Added the ability to create Rekord Buddy collections on external drives. Right click on a Rekord Buddy collection and choose ‘Add Collection’ to get a list of external drives without Rekord Buddy collections.
- Collections now show their full name (including drive name) in the sidebar.
Fixed since the last release:
- Fixed an issue which was causing a crash when opening certain Serato or rekordbox collections.
- Fixed extracting an update after it downloads. We will know for sure when then next update ships.
- Preferences are NOT all working right now.
- Grouping, Record Label and mix name may not import correctly.
What you should focus on testing for this release:
- Drag and dropping tracks/playlist or folders between collections.
- Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
- When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?
What I’m focusing on next:
- Importing/Exporting all the fields correctly.
- Connecting the rest of the Preferences.
- Drag and dropping whole collections.