Rekord Buddy 2.1beta (625) is available! 🎉

Rekord Buddy 2.1beta (625) is available for download.

Like the one before, the new beta is available for download here. You can just overwrite the previous build with this one. This release should also finally auto download and install if you have (624) installed.

Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:

• :bangbang: This is macOS only at the moment.
  • :bangbang: It’s a very very early beta, things may not work at all. That’s the point of the beta, finding issues and problems.
  • :bangbang: Don’t report problems that are in the known issues below.
  • :bangbang: If you find a problem, post about it in this section of the forums (public beta), put the version number in the topic name and explain how you triggered the problem. One topic per issue please. If you have a similar issue as someone else, post in their thread and say ‘me too’!
  • :bangbang: If you have an opened issue, please try this build and update your issue to let me know if it is still happening or not.
  • :bangbang: I may not be able to fix your issue right away. Don’t be mad.

New Features:

• :tada: Collections on the home drive don’t show any volume name in the sidebar.

Fixed since the last release:

• :white_check_mark: Fixed an issue which was causing a crash when deleting playlists or folders.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed an issue with odd paths in Traktor collections (thanks @luitpolder)

Known issues:

• :x: Deleting Playlists and Folders doesn’t actually delete them.
  • :x: Preferences are NOT all working right now.
  • :x: Grouping, Record Label and mix name may not import correctly.

What you should focus on testing for this release:

• :eyes: Drag and dropping tracks/playlist or folders between collections.
  • :eyes: Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
  • :eyes: When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?

What I’m focusing on next:

• :alarm_clock: Importing/Exporting all the fields correctly.
  • :alarm_clock: Connecting the rest of the Preferences.
  • :alarm_clock: Drag and dropping whole collections.
1 Like

It is correct that it will not work with Traktor, when the library path of traktor is not the default path? My path has a different location. Same for rekordbox. It is not the default location on my harddrive. I cannot see anything in the navbar (only the rekordbuddy and itunes library, which is empty).

Also it crashes when i select iTunes and “all tracks”.

I’m adding support for non-standard locations for Traktor and rekordbox collections next week.

Regarding your iTunes issue, it sounds like some formatting issue I’m not handling. Could you start a separate topic for this so we can look into it? It’s better than to post issues as a reply to a release announcement because if everyone does that the announcement topic will turn into a mess very quickly.

1 Like

Ok I tried to run the update but it just keeps crashing after the startup screen pops up. I uninstalled and reinstalled same thing happening on Mac Sierra 10.12.6

I do have the same problem as @djpromote with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. It is crashing after the start up screen

I can open this newest beta release, but it crashes during syncing or right when syncing starts. Just jumped on this bandwagon and can’t wait till it’s a bit better, since I have all my music (mostly mp4 videos actually) on an external drive.

The older final release 2.0 version syncs my music, but the majority of my folders/playlists are showing up empty even though all my music/videos show up in the Collection of Rekordbox. I read a lot on this forum already, but not all of it yet. I did read that music from an external drive has the problem with empty playlists and folders, so I jumped on the beta to try it out. Not having any luck with it yet though.

Having the same issue over here. Instantly crashes.
Mojave 10.14.4
Retina, Mid 2012 (OG Retina)

Same crash problem here. After i import a playlist from Rekordbox to Rekordbuddy collection. Every time when i click o that imported playlist, into Rekordbuddy Collection, it crash.