Rekord Buddy 2.1beta Official Thread 🎉

This is the official thread for the Rekord Buddy 2.1beta. If you’re looking for the current 2.0 release build, head over to your ‘Previous Purchases’ on the next.audio website.

All info on new releases for this line of beta builds will be in this thread. If you have issues with this beta, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD. Instead start a new topic indicating which build you are using in the title (2.1beta(627) for example). One topic per issue, please.

New beta builds are available for download here. You can just overwrite the previous build with this one. If the previous release has not expired, you can also use ‘Check for updates’ in the app’s main menu when a new build comes out.

Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:

• :bangbang: This is macOS only at the moment.
  • :bangbang: You need a valid Rekord Buddy license to try this beta out.
  • :bangbang: It’s a very very early beta, things may not work at all. That’s the point of the beta, finding issues and problems.
  • :bangbang: Don’t report problems that are in any known issues for that build.
  • :bangbang: If you find a problem, post about it in this section of the forums (public beta), put the version number in the topic name and explain how you triggered the problem. One topic per issue please. If you have a similar issue as someone else, post in their thread and say ‘me too’!
  • :bangbang: If you have an opened issue, please try this build and update your issue to let me know if it is still happening or not.
  • :bangbang: I may not be able to fix your issue right away. Don’t be mad.

We don’t have the manual or tutorials for this build yet but here is a preview video that I posted in the forums a while back. It should give you an idea of what the new workflow for 2.1 is.

2 posts were split to a new topic: 2.1Beta(626) crashing on launch

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(626) :tada:

New Features:

• :tada: Traktor nml and rekordbox xml collections in custom user-locations can be dropped the sidebar in order to be opened and used.

Fixed since the last release:

• :white_check_mark: Fixed playlists and folders not getting deleted correctly.
  • :white_check_mark: Possibly fixed a crash during app launch (to be verified in the field).
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed a crash caused by invalid Serato markers.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed tracks from collections on a different volume getting copied over when they shouldn’t have been.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed crash when dragging iTunes tracks.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed deleting a folder/playlist not marking Rekord Buddy collection as modified.

Known issues:

• :x: Preferences are NOT all working right now.

What you should focus on testing for this release:

• :eyes: Drag and dropping tracks/playlist or folders between collections.
  • :eyes: Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
  • :eyes: When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?

What I’m focusing on next:

• :alarm_clock: Connecting the rest of the Preferences.
  • :alarm_clock: Replacing the stable 2.1 build with this new line of builds.
  • :alarm_clock: Drag and dropping whole collections.

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(627) :tada:

New Features:

• :tada: Clarified the preference settings when refering to import/export.
  • :tada: Finished plugging in all preference settings.

• :white_check_mark: Fixed a crash on startup because of missing user preference settings.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed adding new folders or playlists not working in last build.

Known issues:

• None at the moment.

• :eyes: Do the tracks/playlist or folders get copied correctly in the other collection.
  • :eyes: When you launch the other program after making changes, are the tracks/playlist or folders converted correctly in the destination app?

• :alarm_clock: Windows. :star_struck::+1:t2::tada::partying_face::man_dancing:t2::dancer:t2::heart_eyes:

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(628) :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Fixed some incorrect marker output when some preferences were used.

Known issues:

• None at the moment.

• :alarm_clock: Windows. :star_struck::+1:t2::tada::partying_face::man_dancing:t2::dancer:t2::heart_eyes:

are there any tutorials for the new workflow.

is there a way to click import / export like the old 2.1 way?

The new beta is ‘too new’ to make any sort of tutorial. Stuff is still changing, so there will be some extra help once the dust settles.

I don’t understand the new RekordBuddy 628.
Where is the sync button? How I can update my playlists?

The new workflow is drag and drop. You should be able to see your local collections in the sidebar, the Rekord Buddy one is empty to begin with.

You can drag and drop tracks/playlists/folders from one collection to another, even without going thru Rekord Buddy’s own collection if you don’t want to (although this will be useful for many things in the future). That way you don’t have to sync an entire collection just for a few changes.

I will be working on tutorials soon, and @astromech is working on the new manual.

In the meantime, I re-posted a preview video in the original post for this thread that I had posted in the forums a while back. It should give you an idea of what the new workflow is.

Ah, okay…
Then it would be good if you could mark all playlists.
Because I always update certain lists. and then sync record box with my tractor libary

Can you explain what you mean by ‘mark all playlists’? Mark them for what exactly?

I became some promos from different Label. Every Label hav a Playlist in my library.
So now, I press “sync” and I’ve got all updated.

In the new Version, I must select every playlist to update it. I can’t select all my playlist at the same time.
Thats I mean with: select all or mark all Playlist.

Do you now what I mean? Sorry for the bad English.

Your english is fine, I just want to make sure I understand what you’re looking for.

So, the ability to drag multiple playlists is what you’re talking about?

Not sure if this is what Pauke is referring to, but essentially maybe asking what the best way to sync changes in “one click” as you update your master collection.

For example, Serato collection is my master, and within Serato I regularly am updating/adding/removing tracks into existing crates I have setup. After I do an initial sync with RBuddy from Serato to Rekordbox, what is the easiest way to continuously update just the new changes going forward as I add/update/delete tracks from Serato going forward? Do you have to drag each change one by one within Rekordbuddy for Serato into the Rekordbox collection, or is there a way to just sync with all the playlists with one button or dragging all the playlists from one to the other and only update the changes?

Damien keep up the amazing work! Been using since the first 2.0 beta when this was announced and seriously a game changer software!

1 Like

Yes !
The ability to drag multiple playlists or a even better: a “one click” update function to sync the master collection.

This will be supported in an up and coming beta build (post-windows beta). The way it will work will simply be dragging one collection onto another. This will copy all tracks and playlists, overwriting everything which is the way the current sync works.

That’s what the “:alarm_clock: Drag and dropping whole collections“ part in the release notes is all about.

1 Like

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(629) :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Fixed incorrect paths when copying tracks between external drives and rekordbox or Traktor (thank you @DJBobak).
  • :white_check_mark: Improved error messages when collections can’t be opened.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed license key not getting saved correctly in some cases.
  • :white_check_mark: Beta build warning dialog doesn’t have a title bar anymore.

Known issues:

• None at the moment.

The main reason why I like rekordbuddy so much is the ability to synchronize an entire collection between Traktor and rekordbox with just one click. I think that this functionality needs to be preserved by any means. This is what makes the app valuable in the first place.

Heard loud and clear. It will be one drag and drop instead of one click but the result will be the same.