Rekord Buddy 2.1beta Official Thread 🎉

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(641) :tada:

New since the last release:

• :tada: Added support for re-organizing tracks in the tracklist.

Fixed since the last release:

• :white_check_mark: Fixed a bug that could show empty content in the main window during launch.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed a bug that could crash the app if right clicking in the sidebar when empty.

Warnings:

• :bangbang: Minimum supported macOS version is now 10.12.

Known issues:

• :spider: Progress bar doesn’t work when drag and dropping.
  • :spider: Some tracks cause offsets for grid and markers in rekordbox.

What I’m focusing on next:

• :alarm_clock: Bug fixing.
  • :alarm_clock: Windows. :star_struck::+1:t2::tada::partying_face::man_dancing:t2::dancer:t2::heart_eyes:

Hi there!
Today I’ve updated my rekordbuddy 2.1 beta to latest version(641) and now is not working anymore.
I start the app but nothing appear, so I tried to closed it but no luck. Only by force quiting I can close the app.
I also tried to restore to previous version from time machine backup, is not working. I will try to uninstall/re-install to see if this might work.

Edit: I’ve managed to restore to previous version and skiped this version and now is working again. I think somethintg is wrong with this version.

1 Like

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(642) :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Fixed a bug that could make the app hang during launch.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed Rekord Buddy collections not offering to save changes when moving tracks in playlists.

Warnings:

Known issues:

• :alarm_clock: Windows. :star_struck::+1:t2::tada::partying_face::man_dancing:t2::dancer:t2::heart_eyes:

Hi @damien
Any news about: :alarm_clock: Drag and dropping whole collections.

Hi @damien
How come if I arrange columns in the way i like, they don’t remain saved in that order???
Same thing with the key notation. I choose camelot, but every time i open rekordbuddy it revert’s back to previous state.(in Abm notation for ex).

That would be in the 2.1(634) release notes :slight_smile: Just drag the collection name in the sidebar onto the other collection in the sidebar. Progress bar doesn’t update yet though so this can take a while.

That would be a bug. Let me take a look.

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(644) :tada:

• :tada: First draft of the manual is available in the help menu.
  • :tada: Reset license is now done by holding the Control key on macOS.
  • :tada: Reset database is now done by holding the Commmand key on macOS.

• :white_check_mark: Fixed some iTunes collections crashing the app when being opened (Thanks @DJMarc) .
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed some iTunes collections not populating their folders correctly.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed column hiding context menu not displaying correctly on a right-click.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed columns reordering not getting saved correctly between launches (thanks @Dj_Hairless).
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed reset license only affecting the app on the next relaunch and not right away.

Warnings:

Known issues:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Musical notation preferences not saving

Hello Damien,

I am on 10.14 and I just installed the latest beta. My iTunes library is not popping up. Could this be because I don’t have my library stored in the normal home>music>itunes folder?

My Serato library is having the same issue as well.

In Serato Dj I use iTunes playlists. All my cue points are saved.

Here are my steps:

Added my iTunes library to rekord buddy, added all playlists from iTunes to the rekordbox xml, opened rekord box, selected the drop the arrow, dragged all my playlists to the playlists tab right under collections in rekordbox, saw all my playlists then analyzed and still none of my cue point are shown.

Does rekord buddy only pull cue points from serato dj crates and not iTunes playlists ? Is there a way to implement this feature if it’s not already there. I only use serato dj crates for creating sessions. but most of my music is in iTunes playlists.

Yes. That’s exactly why. But in cases like this you can just drag the itunes XML file found in your itunes folder to the bottom of the sidebar in Rekord Buddy (right underneath the last line in the sidebar). This will open that file in its custom location.

Now, Serato is usually only in standard locations (Serato folder). Where is your collection Serato found?

That’s because Serato stores cue points in the track files themselves. iTunes doesn’t store any cue point information.

Currently Rekord Buddy only reads Serato cue points (which are in the track files) when reading a Serato collection.

I run my Serato library from an SD card that is always plugged into my Macbook Pro.

When I Drag the whole collections, Rekord Buddy only updated “All Tracks” not the Playlists.
And it does not add the new playlist.

Can you guys start new topics for each issue? It will be less confusing than to have a thread with different things being discussed at the same time.

Thanks!

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(645) :tada:

• :tada: Improved the about/splash dialog so that it looks better.
  • :tada: Added startup messages.
  • :tada: Removed unecessary status messages.
  • :tada: Added progress and status updates for startup and drang and drops.
  • :tada: Added startup checks for any apps running that could clash with Rekord Buddy.
  • :tada: App now has a welcome dialog to display info to new users for non-neta builds.
  • :tada: User can select and drag multiple crates at one time.

• :white_check_mark: Fixed default musical keys not getting set correctly during launch (thanks @Dj_Hairless).
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed some crashed during drops in some cases.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed AllTracks being draggable (may be resotred later).

Warnings:

Known issues:

2 Likes

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(646) :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Dropping Serato folders and playlists with the same name now keeps both in the destination and renames them as needed.
  • :white_check_mark: You can only select things of the same type from the sidebar now.
  • :white_check_mark: Moving crates within a Rekord Buddy collection now correctly offers to save.
  • :white_check_mark: Rating column displayed emojis incorrectly.
  • :white_check_mark: Some Traktor preferences were not correctly read (thanks @GMous) .
  • :white_check_mark: Sorting tracklist by a given column would be incorrect with acceted characters.
  • :white_check_mark: Tracklist text could dissapear from view while tracks/crates were being copied.
  • :white_check_mark: Dropping some crates could cause a crash in some cases.

Known issues:

1 Like

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(647) :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Fixed Traktor playlists with samples causing a crash.

Known issues:

1 Like

:tada: A new build is available 2.1beta(648) :tada:

• :tada: External Rekord Buddy collections are now opened lazily too.
  • :tada: Save unsaved changes dialog now has a proper warning icon.
  • :tada: Non-mutable collections now display (Read-Only) next to their description.
  • :tada: Prevented re-ordering the tracks when the track list is not ordered by index.
  • :tada: Added a warning dialog when copying things that have tracks on a different volume than the destination.
  • :tada: We now hide the progress bar when it’s not in use.
  • :tada: Clarified text in parenthesis means the volume the collection is on.
  • :tada: Added a status message when opening collections in the sidebar.
  • :tada: Removed the FAQ menu option (FAQs will be in the manual).

• :white_check_mark: Fixed for track list heights changing for no reasons.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed moving tracks around in the track list causing crashes in some cases.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed a crash when copying list of artists and some have empty names.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed input widget for artists, producers, remixer, tags, keys and genres not working correctly.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed a potential data corruption bug in the database code.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed a crash when adding tracks to an external Rekord Buddy collection.

Warning:

• :bangbang: Make sure you reset your collection (hold COMMAND on launch) and delete any Rekord Buddy folders on external drive.

Known issues: