Rekord Buddy Support and Covid-19

As most of you I’m sure will know, many countries are putting together social distancing measures to fight the spread of the covid-19 virus. I currently live in Paris, France, and we will be for the next few weeks staying at home unless absolutely necessary.

This means I’m in the process of setting up a temporary office at home with everything I need to continue development and support of Rekord Buddy. This is not a huge undertaking, in the grand scheme of things, but it will probably take me a couple of days to iron out all the kinks and be as functional as I was in my actual office.

I will catch up with all the outstanding support issues by the end of the week and then things should be more or less normal after that.

I’m sure you all understand that this is only a very tiny inconvenience compared to what some people are going thru. It’s only a little DJ app after all. Let’s focus on all doing the right thing in the meantime so that we can all get back to normal as soon as possible.

3 Likes

I’m now just about fully operational from home, although my internet connection died yesterday afternoon and the repair guy is only coming on Monday. I wish I was kidding.

Super friendly neighbours letting me use their wifi and 4G data on my phone will do the trick until then. Let’s show this virus we’re not letting anything get us down.

You’ve done an amazing job solving a very specific problem with a brilliantly simple solution. I’ve used Rekord Buddy for ages and happily paid the license fees along the way. I sincerely hope you continue to do what you do until I can ween myself off of Traktor, which I still use for prep, but only play out on RekordBox. I’m certain all your users, like me, know how much time and effort you save us. With uncertain times ahead, I’d love to help contribute to your longevity. How can people like myself contribute/support RekordBuddy? Put up a financial contribution page and I’ll throw some love your way. Or maybe we all just buy another license to show our support. Let us know how we can support you. I’d be shocked if I’m the only one. Cheers, Alex Cobb

1 Like

You are too kind. Thank you so much. :heart:

I’m doing good financially right now with the subscription model kicking in slowly. This will keep me going for as long as the app is useful for people.

If you really want to do something for me, spread the word about the app if you know people who might benefit from it.

Otherwise, look into donating to your local health workers/hospitals. They need all the help we can give them right now. I’ve started a monthly donation myself.