Rekordbox to Serato - Need Help

I purchased Rekord Buddy yesterday, and have been able to import my RekordBox collection into the program.

But I have not been successful in copy this information into Serato.

Would anyone be able to assist me with this please.

D

I’m going to need a bit more information than this so that I don’t have to get my crystal ball out (it doesn’t work anyway).

What version of the app are you using? What OS are you using? What steps are you taking to copy tracks over? What do you see when you do that? Where do you look for the results? You know… stuff like that :slight_smile:

Typically the way to diagnose this would be totry with just one track. Take a look at it in the rekordbox section of Rekord Buddy (double click on the track to view the markers), then drag it over to Serato and take a look at the same track in the Serato section of Rekord Buddy. Can you see the same markers or not?

Hey Damien. Thanks for reaching out.

I am using V2.1.38 of Rekord Buddy

I have macOS Catalina V10.15.3

At first I tried coping individual rekordbox playlists and individual tracks to Serato in Rekord Buddy, but each time the following message appears:

Some of the crates contains tracks that are not on the same volume as the destination collection.

This is not supported by Serato collections and any such tracks will be skipped.

All the marker are on the tracks in the rekordbox section.

So that’s your first indiction right there. It’s telling you what the issue is.

Basicaly Serato stores tracks on different volumes by creating separate databases on each volume. You won’t be able to add a track from a volume to a Serato database located on another volume.

Did you check out the manual on creating external collection for Serato?