Rekordbox to Serato No Cues

Hi There,

I am trying to get my cues from Rekordbox showing in Serato. I have ensured everything is as up to date as possible and followed the below steps.

1. Export Rekordbox into xml
  2. Open Rekord Buddy and drag drop import the xml into Rekord Buddy - This works
  3. I can click on the songs and see the cues are there from Rekord Box
  4. Drag Drop the Rekordbox imported library into Serato
  5. This works songs are there and can open in Serato BUT there are no cue points loading

Help please I cant seem to figure out what im missing or doing wrong. Using RB 2.1.17.
Example attached below of a song in RecordBox showing 5 Cues, then in Serato they arent there? This is the same for every song.

Also attached the same song showing in Rekord Box & Serato - no cues transfering.

First thing I notice is that you dragged the XML into Rekord Buddy as a user location collection (see the line in the sidebar that says “user location”). This means you didn’t import the XML fil, you are just editing that file itself which is probably not the one rekordbox is looking at.

Remove that collection in Rekord Buddy (press delete on the line that has your user location collection) and then drag that XML file onto the rekordbox collection itself in Rekord Buddy. Not are the bottom of the sidebar but on top of the line that says ‘rekordbox’ (the first one).

That way you are now editing the file that rekordbox uses in its XML bridge.

Second you have two rekordbox collections. That’s a bug. I will contact you via DM to try and look into this with a special build.

Finally, everything else seems to be working fine. If you look at your screenshot for the track in the Serato collection, it mentions that your track has memory cues. Memory cues are not supported by Serato so those are not written out. There is an option in Rekord Buddy to convert those to hot cues. Check out the manual in the help menu.

You do have one hot cue that is written to Serato though. It shows as written in the Screenshot for the Serato track in Rekord Buddy. You Final Serato screenshot doesn’t have the hot cue panel open. Do you see that hot cue when you open the panel?

Hi Damien,
In regards to the (user location) onh my Rekordbox Library I followed the instructions from the Rekord Buddy website to a tee. It specifically tells the user to use the ‘export library to xml’ then import this XML file into Rekord Buddy. With that being said, I removed the collection and then simply drag dropped over the existing RekordBox Library there to update this library rather than adding a serperate one and still nothing is fixed.

I understand from all the reading up I have done that Memory Cues do not directly copy over, but I have got the the option to ‘Convert Memory Cues to Hot Cues on import to Serato’ selected but it does not seem to be making the conversion. I believe this is the main cause of the issue here is that the Memory Cues are not being Converted to Hot Cues.

I am using my Drum and Bass folder as an example as I set Memory cues on every song for the intros but they are not converting as any form of cues into Serato hence my post here as cant seem to figure out what it is thats going wrong here

Bump

Just wondering if you managed to look over my reply Damien, or if there was any other Support members able to assist with this issue?

I updated the manual to be more clear. Now people will first see the method to initialize the rekordbox section of Rekord Buddy from an XML file rather than the one about editing XML file in non-standard locations.

You never answered my question about the Serato hot cue panel.

Here’s what you can try next:

• Now that you are editing the correct rekordbox data, make sure rekordbox points to the correct file when it reads its XML bridge. You can just delete the current path in rekordbox and press enter which will reset the path to its default.
  • What does Rekord Buddy see in its rekordbox section for that track? Double click on the track in the rekordbox section of the app and look at the marker info. Does it see hot cues or only memory cues? Go to the Serato section in Rekord Buddy for the same track. What do you see there?