Reproducible crash on first import

My Rekord Buddy Version: 2.0.22

My OS Version: 10.14.4
Serato DJ Pro 2.0.2 with about 2500 analyzed tracks

Steps required to reproduce the problem:

1. Start first import with Serato as the source database and protect library for Serato checked
  2. Tracks are scanned and importing begins
  3. After about 15 minutes progress bar gets to a point where it appears the import is nearly complete

RESULT -> App crashes. Upon relaunch no data has been persisted from the import. It’s possible to try the import again but the result is the same. Consistent crashes and inability to do the initial import.

I’ve submitted the crash report so you should have symbolicated stack traces. Let me know if I can help in tracking this down. I’m a software developer if that helps.

I should note that I can’t run the 2.1 beta, per the release notes, since my Serato library is not on my boot drive but lives on my media RAID drive.

Let me take a look as soon as I’ve got the new 2.1 build out.

Hi there. It’s been a while and haven’t heard an update on this so I assume the app is still unusable for me. I think I’d just like to get a refund. Please let me know the steps to do that. Thanks.

Hey,

I can only apologize for not getting back to you. It’s my fault. I’m a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Regardless, your crash seems to come from a meta data in one or a few of your tracks which is out of range and not handled correctly in 2.0. You could try the current stable 2.1 beta as I believe it’s fixed in that build or you can reply here if you still want a refund and, per the refund policy, I will provide you with a full refund since I can’t provide a fix for 2.0 at the moment.

Let me know and once again, sorry.

Thanks Damien, no problem on the delay. I know what it’s like to be a developer on a small team.

I installed the 2.1 stable beta via the link you included, but I’m getting an error on launch “server returned error 8”. I don’t think I can use the stable version of the 2.1 beta anyhow, since my collections are all on external devices and I believe there is a known issue of that not working in that release of the beta.

I’m pretty busy working on my own app right now and don’t really have much time to spend on the beta at this point. Let’s just process the refund since 2.0 doesn’t work for me and I’ll revisit later. Thanks.

1 Like

Refund should be processed today. Hit me up when you want to try the app again and I will provide you with a discount code for your trouble.