Still having some issues Rekordbox to Serato v2.1.6

My Rekord Buddy Version: v2.1.6(664)

My OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.6

Steps required to reproduce the problem:

1. Rekordbox Collection and Database is on an External SSD Hard Drive
  2. Launched Rekordbox and Exported XML
  3. Launched Rekordbuddy and dragged Exported XML onto Rekordbox Collection
  4. Rekordbuddy reads my Rekordbox Collection and Playlist correctly.
  5. Dragged a few playlists from Rekordbox to Serato (External SSD).

What I expected to happen: Expected Memory Cue and Grids to be transferred

What actually happens instead: Memory Cues from Mixed in Key instead of Rekordbox where transferred and not all Grids are correct.

Damien,

Here’s a little more in depth explaination of what my setup is and what I’m trying to accomplish.

My entire DJ Collection is on an external Samsung 1TB T5 drive. My preferred DJing platform is Rekordbox but sometimes I need to use Serato in certain venues or maybe at a friends house etc.

I did as you instructed, I launched Rekordbox using my external SSD instead of trying to use a copy of it on my internal SSD. I exported the xml and then launched Rekordbuddy and dragged the xml onto the Rekordbox Collection within Rekordbubby. All my playlists and tracks showed up properly this time without having to rename or overwrite anything, not sure why it wouldn’t work before but that was the only way I could get my playlist to show up in prior attempts using the internal SSD.

In Rekordbox my playlist structure are sorted by Folders and playlists are stored within those folder. Such as a folder name “Music By Year” and inside playlists would be label such as 1980’s, 1990’s, 2000’s etc.

I noticed that Rekordbubby won’t transfer a Folder with Playlists to Serato, only the playlists themselves which is not an issue. However when I drag a playlist from Rekordbox to Serato none of my memory cues are being transferred from Rekorbbox. However memory cues that I deleted in Rekordbox that were written by Mixed In Key are getting transferred. Also some of Grids are not being transferred correctly.

Am I missing something is the settings or is Mixed In Key interferring with the cues being transferred?

Thanks in advance,
DJMikeT

That is totally supported and should work. Where are you trying to drop the folder and what error are you getting?

Regarding your issue I think I may know what the problem is. Can you right click on one track and look at the ‘Marker Info’ tab. Does it say anything about the track beat grid not supported by Serato?