I know a lot of you are wondering when the new build of the 2.1 beta will be released. This is a huge step in Rekord Buddy’s development, has taken over a year to put together and will set the foundation for a lot of things I want to do in the future.
So when is it coming out? When it’s ready. What’s left to do before it’s ready? Glad you asked.
For the macOS build, here is the list of outstanding issues:
Plug in Traktor playlist and folder drag and drop. Write missing unit tests for Traktor playlists. Change collections to keeping ownership of their crates.
- Plug in rekordbox playlist and folder drag and drop.
- Traktor collections should use more precise playtime is it’s still around.
- Beat grid locking flag should be optional.
- Fix Traktor marker position getting truncated on import.
- Add support for a DiscNumber property.
- Check for other opened apps upon launch.
If the app fails to open the database it crashes instead of just displaying an error message and exiting.
- Rekord Buddy folder should be created with its custom icon.
and for the Windows build:
- Fix any building issues introduced by macOS changes.
- Finish the installer/packaging.
- Check that file paths in all the apps (Traktor, Serato, rekordbox) are handled correctly.
- Finish porting app authorization on Windows.
I will update the lists here as I go along. Cross out items that are done and add items that came up. You guys can follow along. Remember the macOS build will ship first, then Windows.
I’m being open and transparent here. I want everyone to see what happens behind the scenes and I want to hold myself accountable to all you guys waiting on this release. I’m working as hard as I can to make this happen ASAP. Thank you for your patience with me.