The official 2.2beta thread (yes THAT one) 🎉 #windows #forreal

This is the official thread for the Rekord Buddy 2.2beta. If you’re looking for the current release instead build, head over to your ‘Previous Purchases’ on the next.audio website.

Before you rush to get your hands on it, keep in mind the following:

• :bangbang: You need a valid Rekord Buddy license to try this beta out.
  • :bangbang: Beta builds expire after two weeks. This is normal.
  • :bangbang: Only post beta issues in the public beta section of the forums (this one).
  • :bangbang: Don’t post error reports and issues by replying to this thread. Instead start a new topic indicating which build you are using in the title (2.2beta4 for example). One topic per issue, please.
  • :bangbang: Don’t post a new topic if someone has already posted about this issue. Post in that person’s topic instead and say ‘me too’.
  • :bangbang: Don’t report problems that are already listed as a known issue for that build.
  • :bangbang: If you have an opened issue, please try new builds when they are posted and update your issue to let me know if it is still happening or not.
  • :bangbang: Don’t post footage of beta builds or discuss them in public forums other than this one.
  • :bangbang: I may not be able to fix your issue right away. Don’t be mad. This is not the internet.

This is the first beta available on TWO platforms: macOS and Windows. Yeah, I know… :exploding_head:

The Windows build is the first one out of the confines of the Next Audio offices. It’s only been used on one computer. It will probably horribly broken at first. Be kind. Be patient.

New beta builds are available here for macOS or Windows.

You can always just overwrite the previous build with this one. If the previous build has not expired, you can also use ‘Check for updates’ in the app’s main menu when a new build comes out.

I need all the help I can get to make sure this release is as awesome as it can be. Let’s do this

Known Issues:

• :spider: macOS build is not much different than 2.1, for now.
  • :spider: Windows build is not code signed yet. Which means it appears to be from an unknown developer.
3 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Hooray!

1 Like

Great. I’ve been waiting on this for years. I am downloading it now. Let’s see how this works out.

Thanks Damien -

I purchased the Rekordbuddy license and installed it on my machine, but received the error message in the following image here.

I uninstalled and re-installed it and it appears to be showing the same error message. I downloaded the Rekord Buddy Beta MSI file windows file you posted in the forums here. Is this the correct version?

Please note my specs below:

Hello @risstla, please observer the below.

• :bangbang: Don’t post error reports and issues by replying to this thread. Instead start a new topic indicating which build you are using in the title (2.2beta4 for example). One topic per issue, please.
  • :bangbang: Don’t post a new topic if s

A thread has already been created for this issue at Windows Beta - Unable to start Rekord Buddy

1 Like

Understood. My apologies.

Awesome will give it a test, am hoping Engine support is coming in future Betas :wink:

Please let us know how it goes. It does not appear to be working on my end though or for any of the users who posted on this forum recently.

Windows Beta - Unable to start Rekord Buddy 4 days ago

I also sent a message to Damien the developer on the forums and attempted to reach him by email but I’m not getting a response or anyone else to assist with this issue.

Another part of the original post:

I was offsite on Friday. I don’t work on week-end :slight_smile: I’m on the issue now but betas are never my first priority. First priority is always the released version. I’m sure you understand.

:tada: A new build is available 2.2b2 :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed missing Qt plugin in the distributed binary.

:tada: A new build is available 2.2b3 :tada:

• :tada: Windows: Added a first pass at issue reporting.
  • :tada: macOS: App is now using hardened runtime to prevent code modification.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed requirement for a VS runtime.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed alert dialog not having its text in the right spot.

:tada: A new build is available 2.2b4 :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed an error when finding paths related to unavailable volumes.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed not finding internal volumes that weren’t home volumes.

It makes a lot of sense to give beta builds a time cap to prevent users of using out-dated betas and keep everything clean and tidy. However, for the Windows builds, there is no alternative yet since there is no stable release yet. Would it perhaps be possible to extend this period somewhat for the Windows beta or to publish new Windows betas each two weeks, until the non-beta version is released? I really love Rekord Buddy for Windows, and it would be a pitty if it cannot be used anymore by the end of next week.

1 Like

I will make sure I post new builds before the current one expires.

1 Like

:tada: A new build is available 2.2b5 :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Windows: Home volume should now be correctly detected as the volume the user’s music folder is on.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed font size for the beta warning dialog.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed a case where volumes that were not mounted could cause a problem.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed a case where invalid dates in a track could cause a problem.
  • :white_check_mark: Merged fixes and changes from up to the the 2.1.38 build.
2 Likes

:tada: A new build is available 2.2b6 :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed some incorrect path when users had standard folders on volumes other than the home/boot one.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Optimized some track operations in rekordbox collections.

:tada: A new build is available 2.2b7 :tada:

• :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed Serato not displaying playlists sometimes.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed Rekord Buddy ans Serato collections appearing twice in some cases.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Added a temporary fix for users seeing the missing vcruntime140_1.dll error.
3 Likes

:tada: A new build is available 2.2b8 :tada:

• :tada: Windows: Added some debugging information to investigate further volume path issues.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Potentially fixed a case where a volume may be found twice.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed an issue some users where having when adding new tracks to rekordbox.
  • :white_check_mark: Windows: Fixed an issue that could create data corruption when adding new tracks to rekordbox.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed an issue that could modify the order of the All Tracks playlist in the rekordbox collection.
  • :white_check_mark: Fixed an issue which caused tracks to move the bottom of the All Tracks playlist when adding them again.
1 Like