Traktor to Rekordbox // music files on external hard drive

My Rekord Buddy Version: 2.0.22

My OS Version: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Steps required to reproduce the problem:

1. all music files (mp3) on external hard drive
  2. Traktor collection folder for 2.11.01 on internal hard drive
  3. another Traktor collection folder for 2.10.1 on external hard drive

What I expected to happen: I expected that all music will be transferred from Traktor to rekordbox with hot cues using Rekord Buddy 2.

What actually happens instead:
Songs from Traktor collection folder for 2.11.01 are in Rekord Buddy and working. Songs from Traktor collection folder for 2.10.1 are listed, but showing an error and can’t be played. The root dir in the options of each unplayable song is showing the path /volume/externalhdd/Traktor2.10.1.

How can I fix that problem? How can I connect the path from the external hard drive to Rekord Buddy 2 including the Traktor collection 2.10.1 on my external hdd?

Thank you in advance for your support.

I guess it is a similar problem to that topic: Traktor library: nothing happens
In my issue all songs referring to Traktor 2.10.1 are having a yellow triangle. Basically the path shown is for example: “/Volumes/My Passport/Traktor 2.10.1//Musik/6thGame/(Big Wreck) - That Song.mp3”
But the original mp3 is located on that path “/Volumes/My Passport/Musik/6thGame/(Big Wreck) - That Song.mp3”
All files from Traktor 2.11. are working fine. Maybe because it is located on my internal hard drive.

I hope we can fix the issue

Can you try the same beta build I linked to in the other post you found? It seemed to have fixed the issue for the other user.

Hi Damien,

it helped to import all my tracks into Rekord Buddy. But now I have that problem in my xml file, as you can see on the following photo. But that track and all the others are on my hard drive. I can play it from there but the import isn’t working for me. That issue is with all tracks copied from “/Volumes/My Passport/Traktor 2.10.1//”. Could you please take another look at it?
The Beta version you recommended already helped to see all the tracks in Rekord Buddy.
Thanks in advance

What is the error in the log file pointed out by rekordbox?

Hi Damien,

following the content of the log file.

“One or more files were not imported.
Not imported tracks
/ Volumes / My Passport / Traktor 2.10.1 // Preparation season 2015-2016 / Ingolstadt / This starts with PREMIX.mp3
/ Volumes / My Passport / Traktor 2.10.1 // Preparation Season 2016-2017 / Hockey Hallelujah / 01 Despacito (feat: Daddy Yankee) .mp3”

It would happen with all my 10,000 files which Traktor data are located in the Traktor 2.10.1 folder. Track data is located in “/ Volumes / My Passport / Traktor 2.10.1 //…”, but the mp3 files are located in / Volumes / My Passport // …".

For example Despacito:
Traktor data: “/ Volumes / My Passport / Traktor 2.10.1 // Preparation Season 2016-2017 / Hockey Hallelujah / 01 Despacito (feat: Daddy Yankee) .mp3”
mp3 file: “/ Volumes / My Passport // Preparation Season 2016-2017 / Hockey Hallelujah / 01 Despacito (feat: Daddy Yankee) .mp3”

With my 2,000 files from Traktor 2.11. everything is working fine. They are successfully in Rekordbox.

Could you zip up and DM me your collection.nml file? I think this may be a bug in the file location parsing.